Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT)
About IIFT 2021
IIFT is a national-level management entrance exam conducted once in a year by the National Testing Agency (NTA), for admission to MBA (IB) program offered by Indian Institute of Foreign Trade. IIFT 2021 is likely to be conducted in the first week of December 2020, in online or computer-based mode across various exam centres in India. Previous year, in IIFT 2020, around 39,752 candidates had registered for the exam. The application process for IIFT 2021 will be available tentatively from the second week of September and will continue until the first week of November. Before filling the application form, candidates must carefully go through the eligibility criteria. Candidates have to register for the exam in online mode. The result of IIFT 2021 will be declared in the second week of December 2020. Candidates who qualify the exam will be shortlisted for the selection process – Writing Test, GD, and PI which is likely to be conducted in the month of January or February 2021.
IIFT 2021 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Indian Institute of Foreign Trade|
|Short Exam Name||IIFT|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee (General)||1650 Rs [Offline]|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Mode of Counselling||Offline|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours|
IIFT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who wish to apply for the exam must check the IIFT 2021 eligibility criteria before filling the application form. Given below eligibility criteria can be checked by candidates for IIFT 2021 entrance exam-
1. General category candidates with a minimum 3-year graduation degree in any discipline with 50% marks from a recognised university/institute/college will be eligible to apply.
2. SC, ST and PwD category candidates with minimum 45% marks in graduation will also be able to fill the form.
3. Final year graduation students will also be able to fill the application form.
4. There will be no age limit for candidates to apply for IIFT 2021 entrance exam.
Note that the eligibility criteria remains more or less the same every year.
IIFT 2021 Application Process
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card
The application process of IIFT 2021 will commence tentatively from the second week of September. NTA will allow candidates to fill the IIFT 2021 application form in online mode on the official website. Candidates will be able to fill the IIFT application form 2021 till the first week of November. The IIFT 2020 application process can be filled using the below mentioned steps:
1. Candidates will need to do a primary registration by filling in the personal details, contact number, email id, and password.
2. In the second step, candidates need to fill in the academic and personal details.
3. The third step is the payment of application fee i.e. tentatively Rs. 1650 for General and OBC Category candidates and tentatively Rs. 825 for SC, ST, and PWD category candidates. The application fee will be paid via net banking, credit card, debit card, and DD. The application fee for foreign nationals and NRIs will be Rs. 5500.
4. In the fourth and final step of the IIFT 2020 application form, candidates will be required to upload the scanned copy of their photograph (size: not more than 50KB) and signature (size: not more than 20KB) in JPEG/JPG format.
5. Make sure that contact number(s) and email id are entered correctly as all communication related to the exam will be sent to those only.
|General, OBC||Offline, Online||Male, Transgender, Female||₹ 1650|
|SC, General, OBC, ST||PWD||Offline, Online||Male, Transgender, Female||₹ 825|
IIFT 2021 Syllabus
General knowledge and awareness
Logical reasoning and quantitative analysis
IIFT 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates who are planning to appear for the entrance exam this year must know the IIFT 2021 exam pattern. It will allow them to know the topics covered in the exam, syllabus, and marking scheme and they can strategies their preparation accordingly. Here are the complete details related to the IIFT exam pattern 2021.
Exam Pattern of IIFT 2021:
|Type of Questions||Multiple-choice questions|
|Duration of Exam||120 minutes i.e. 2 hours|
Let us see the IIFT 2021 exam pattern in detail:
- IIFT will have six sections – English Grammar, Vocabulary and Comprehension, General Knowledge and Current Affairs, Logical Reasoning, Data Interpretation, and Quantitative Analysis.
- The duration of the exam will be two hours. There will be no sectional time limit. The total marks for the exam will be 100. The number of questions keeps changing every year. Last year, the exam had 114 questions. The exam has only multiple-choice questions.
- According to the IIFT 2021 exam pattern, there is negative marking for wrong answers and there is a differential marking scheme.
IIFT 2021 Admit Card
Admit card is the must-have document for every candidate to appear for IIFT 2021 exam. Candidates need to carry the IIFT 2021 admit card to the exam centre on the day of the exam. Only the candidates who will fill and submit the application form of IIFT 2021 along with the application fee would be able to download the admit card. Given below details can be checked by candidates:
- The admit card of IIFT 2021 will be available tentatively in the third week of November
- Candidates will be able to download the IIFT admit card 2021 with the help of their registered id and password
- Candidates need to carry the admit card to the exam centre on the day of the exam along with a photo id proof – Driving License, Aadhar id card, Election id card, Passport
- Without the admit card, no candidate will be allowed to write the IIFT 2021 exam
- Candidates need to keep the admit card till the end of the admission process as it would be required at every stage of the admission
IIFT 2021 Exam Centers
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||Port Blair|
|Tirupathi Naidu Palli|
|Daman and Diu||Daman|
|Dadra and Nagar Haveli||Dadra & Nagar Haveli|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Baramulla|
Documents Required at Exam
- IIFT admit card
- Photo identity proof
- Passport size photograph
IIFT 2021 Result
The result of IIFT 2021 exam will be declared tentatively in the second week of December, 2020. Both the result and scorecard will be available in online mode. IIFT will release the names of shortlisted candidates for the second round of interview. More details are given below:
- Candidates will be able to check the IIFT result 2021 on the official website of the exam.
- The result will be available in the form of a scorecard where candidates will be able to check the sectional as well as the overall score.
- Candidates will be able to download the scorecard in the form of a pdf file by logging in to the official website with their seven-digit IIFT roll number and date of birth.
- On the basis of the score, candidates will be shortlisted for the selection rounds – Writing test, GD, and PI.
- The final IIFT 2021 result or selection will be based on the overall performance in all the rounds.
IIFT 2021 Cutoff
National Testing Agency, NTA the conducting body of the exam will announce the IIFT 2021 cutoff along with the result which is likely to be declared in online mode. Given below details can be checked by candidates with reference to the cutoff of IIFT 2021:
- The minimum marks required to qualify for the selection rounds will be called the IIFT 2021 cutoff
- The cutoff depends on various factors including the difficulty level of test, the total number of test-takers, number of seats available, etc
- Candidates who meet the IIFT cutoff criterion as announced by IIFT Delhi will be called for the selection rounds – Writing test, GD, and PI
- The shortlisted candidates will be assigned a centre for the selection rounds. The list of centres includes Ahmadabad, Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Lucknow, etc.,
- The cutoff of IIFT 2021 will be different for each category.
IIFT 2021 Selection Process
The selection process of IIFT 2021 will start after the announcement of the result.
- Based on the IIFT 2021 cutoff, candidates will be shortlisted for the selection process
- The IIFT 2020 selection process will include – Writing test, Group Discussion and Personal Interview
- The weightage given to each round is different. And the final selection of a candidate will be based on the overall performance in all the rounds including the IIFT 202
IIFT 2021 GD and PI Process
Both Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) round are an integral part of the selection process of IIFT 2021. Tentatively, the selection process will be conducted in the month of January/February 2021. And the final IIFT 2021 result, the list of selected candidates for admission, is likely to be announced in the month of March.
GD and PI rounds are conducted to judge the communication skills, confidence level, interaction skills, personality, and possibly the knowledge of current affairs of the candidates. Apart from the writing test which is also the part of the selection process, candidates need to perform well in these two rounds to get the admission offer.
For the writing test, GD and PI, IIFT Delhi will allocate the centres to the shortlisted candidates. These centres will be – Bengaluru, Chennai, Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Lucknow, etc.
IIFT 2021 Counselling Centers
Documents Required at Counselling
- IIFT admit card
- IIFT scorecard
- Photo identity proof