JEE Main 2020 to be conducted from tomorrow; check list of items allowed inside exam centre
JEE Main 2020 exam for April/September session to begin tomorrow. Check all the items allowed inside the exam centre below.
National Testing Agency (NTA) is all set to conduct JEE Main 2020 exam from September 1 to 6 in computer-based mode. The authority has released JEE Main 2020 admit card on August 17 in online mode. It is important for all candidates appearing in the test to check all the JEE Main 2020 exam day instructions and guidelines released by NTA to avoid any last-minute mistakes.
The authority has released an advisory regarding the COVID-19 outbreak safety which is to be strictly followed by the candidates and examination staff at the JEE Main 2020 exam centre
JEE Main Exam Timings
|Session||Morning Shift||Afternoon Shift|
|Duration of Examination||3 Hours||3 Hours|
|Reporting/Entry in Exam Centre||8 AM||2 PM|
|Exit from the Exam Hall||8:30 AM||2:30 PM|
|Test Commences||9 AM||3 PM|
|Test Concludes||12 PM||6 PM|
JEE Main 2020 Exam Day Guidelines
The authority has specifically set dos and don’ts and COVID-19 safety measures. Read the article below to know JEE Main Exam Day Instructions & guidelines by NTA.
Washing Hands and Using Sanitizers at the entry
- Candidates have to wash their hands with soaps and with hand sanitizer at the entry.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at various locations in the centre
- Candidates will be offered a fresh 3 Ply mask before entry to the examination centre.
- At the time of entry, the filled in Undertaking on Admit Card and body temperature using thermos guns will be checked at the centre
Candidates must carry only the following items to the JEE Main 2020 exam centre
- Admit card along with Self declaration (Undertaking) form downloaded from JEE Main 2020 website (a clear printout on A4 size paper) dully filled in
- Government ID like Aadhar Card, Passport, Drivers License, etc. has to be carried by the candidates as instructed on the admit card
- A simple transparent ball point pen
- Additional photograph to be pasted on attendance sheet
- Personal hand sanitizer (50 ml)
- Personal transparent water bottle
Things to be provided at the JEE Main 2020 exam centre
- 5 Blank paper sheets for rough work. Candidates must write their names and roll number at the top of the sheet and must drop in the designated drop box without fail before leaving the examination hall.
- Duly filled admit card at the end of the examination hall should be put in dropbox. Failure to do so may result in non-evaluation of answers.
JEE Main 2020 exam for April/September session begins; check here all important updates
JEE Main 2020 exam begins from today, check here all important updates.
JEE Main 2020 exam begins from today across 609 test centres across the country and 9 cities abroad. The JEE Main 2020 is being held from 9 am to 12 pm while the second shift to begin from 3 pm to 6 pm. The National Testing Agency (NTA) has increased shifts from 8 to 2 and a total number of candidates in a shift has been reduced to 1.32 to 85000. Amidst this COVID-19 pandemic, it is important for all candidates appearing in the test to check all the JEE Main 2020 exam day instructions and guidelines released by NTA to avoid any last-minute mistakes. All the COVID-19 safety measures are being taken at the JEE Main 2020 exam centres including frisking from a distance, social distancing and hand sanitizer.
The authority is making an arrangement of 10 lakh masks, 10 lakh pairs of gloves, 1,300 infrared thermometer guns, 6,600 litres of hand sanitiser and an equal amount of disinfectant liquid, 6,600 sponges, 3,300 spray bottles and 3,300 cleaning staff — all at an additional cost of almost Rs 13 crore.
The authority has released an advisory regarding the COVID-19 outbreak safety which is to be strictly followed by the candidates and examination staff at the JEE Main 2020 exam centre.
The JEE Main admit card 2020 is an important document that must be carried to the examination hall. Candidates have to carry the admit card along with the Undertaking duly signed, personal hand sanitizer (50 ml), transparent water bottle, ballpoint pen, a valid ID proof, and passport size photograph to the examination hall.
The JEE Main 2020 answer key by various coaching institutes will be available online after the conclusion of the test. Candidates can match their marked their answers with the unofficial JEE Main 2020 answer key to know the correct and incorrect responses. Also, candidates can calculate their probable using the answer keys.
JEE Main is held twice a year – January and April. Aspirants can appear for any one of them or both the exams. The best attempt will be considered and the final JEE Main 2020 result of both is combined before releasing the result. While the January session was held as per scheduled dates, the April session was postponed twice due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Now, after many debates, the exam is being held from September 1 to 6.