Qualifying Examination Codes For NEET 2020
Applicants filling the application form of NEET 2020 often find the qualifying examination codes confusing. To ease this process, CollegeKampus.com brings for the young minds an article on qualifying examination code for NEET 2020. Read on to know your code.
Qualifying examination codes for NEET 2020 can be confusing and many students do not understand which code is applicable to them. It is important to fill the correct code in the NEET 2020 application form, as the application can be rejected due to incorrect code. Also, the application form cannot be submitted without filling the qualifying examination codes for NEET 2020. To help these young minds decide which qualifying examination codes for NEET 2020 are applicable to them, we have simplified each code in this article. Candidates are advised to go through all the codes of NEET 2020 before picking the right one for themselves.
The last date to submit the NEET 2020 application form was February 9. However, NTA has reactivated the correction window for the application form, which can be used to modify the qualifying examination codes for NEET 2020. The last date to submit the corrected application form is July 15.
NEET 2020 exam has also been rescheduled for September 13. Read on to know more about the qualifying examination codes by NTA.
The qualifying examination codes for NEET 2020
Candidates who are modifying the NEET application form 2020 can refer to the codes given below. The qualifying examination codes for NEET 2020 are explained in detail hereunder.
- A candidate who is appearing for the qualifying examination in 2020
- A candidate whose class XII result is awaited
Such candidates can apply for NEET 2020, but they will not be eligible for admission to any of the courses unless they pass the qualifying examination with the requisite percentage. If he/she does not pass the qualifying examination with the required pass percentage at the time of first round of counselling, he/she will not be eligible to attend the counselling rounds.
- Candidate who has cleared the Higher/Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 after a period of 12 years study
- The last two years of such study must comprise of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology (including practical tests in these subjects) and English
Candidates who have passed 10+2 from Open School or as private candidates shall fill this code. Candidates who have studied Biology/Biotechnology as an Additional Subject at 10+2 level shall also fill this code. However, their candidature is provisional and subject to the outcome of Special Leave Petitions/Appeals filed by the Medical Council of India.
- A candidate who is pursuing an Intermediate/Pre-degree Examination in Science from an Indian University/Board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology /Biotechnology
- This examination shall include practical test in these subjects and also English as a compulsory subject
- A candidate who is pursuing a pre-professional/pre-medical Examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English.
- He/ she must have passed either the Higher Secondary Examination/ Pre-University/ equivalent examination.
- This pre-professional/ pre-medical examination shall include practical tests in all three subjects and also English as a compulsory subject.
- A candidate who is the first year of a three-year degree course of a recognised University with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology including practical tests in these subjects.
- He/ she must have passed the earlier qualifying examination (Class XII or equivalent) with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology and English.
- A candidate who has completed B.Sc. from a recognised Indian University
- He/ she must have passed the qualifying examination of B.Sc. with not less than two of the following subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology
- Such candidate must also have passed the earlier qualifying examination (Class XII) with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English
- A candidate who has appeared for any other examination (with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology) which in scope/ standard is equivalent to the Intermediate Science Examination of an Indian University/Board with
- This examination must include practical test in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Biotechnology. It must also include English language.
- He/ she must have cleared this examination with the requisite pass percentage